Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Blogging Advice

As you may notice, I have been talking about blogging alot for the past few days. That's because I have decided to focus my efforts on building niche blogs for the near future. And today, I am going to give you some really good blogging advice!

Blogs, as opposed to static html sites (the regular websites you see out there) are truly easy to build. I set up my first blog on Blogger in about 15 minutes. I'm going to give you a great no-cost resource that will take you by the hand and help you put up your first blog. All you are going to have to "worry" about is the content - the most important part. But, the beauty of a Blogger blog is that you don't have to worry about all the technical details and you can concentrate on what really counts - the content.

Geoff Shaw is an Australian blogger with loads of experience building and making money from niche blogs. He released a wonderful, free book and video that will guide you through the setup of your first Blogger blog. I just re-read the book yesterday and it's got exactly what any blogger needs to succeed in blogging. His site is called Super-Blogging.
I advise you to go over there and download yourself a free copy of his book. There is also a video you can watch that will walk you through your first blog set-up.

Now, let's talk for a minute about your blogging platform. Blogger lets you set up a blog for free but you don't actually own your blog as it's sitting on Blogger's platform. This could be a disadvantage as Blogger has been known to delete blogs without notice. But, usually when that happened the blog wasn't 100% "kosher" anwyat. People have put up alot of "splogs", which are spammy blogs. So, the way to get around this and own your blog, is to buy your own domain and it's possible to have Blogger put your blog on your own domain. This way, you get the best of 2 worlds - you get the ease of blogging with Blogger, AND, since Blogger is owned by Google, your blog will get crawled rather quickly by the search engines (Google :-) ).

The other platform that is highly recommended is Wordpress. Many people like to use Wordpress for blogging because it is a very, very flexible and customisable platform. The downside is that you have a longer learning curve and you have to install it on your own domain (for which you'll need hosting as well). There is no way I would have been able to cope with this as a beginner, but, now that I am much more experienced - both in blogging and internet marketing in general - I have the confidence to start working with Wordpress.

Recently I made a worthwhile investment in a set of videos by Shannon Herod - Blog With Success, on how to set up your Wordpress blog. I've been going through them this week as I set up my first blog and they are excellent. Shannon has this great, deep voice and he explains everything very thoroughly. The videos are nice and short, so they work for my short attention span too LOL.
There is also a nice PDF file with detailed instructions on how to do everything, including screen shots. If you have any thoughts about setting up a Wordpress blog I doubt that there are better blogging tutorials anywhere on the internet!

So, there you have it. That is my blogging advice for today. I truly like the idea of making income from a blog. Blogs are so much easier to work with than static HTML sites and Google loves them because they are constantly being updated by you with fresh content.

I recommend both Geoff Shaw's no cost Super-Blogging


Click Here to Get Super-Blogging Today FREE!


and Shannon Herod's Blog with Success.





Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , ,

No comments: