Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Membership Sites

I don't know about you but I'm getting a little tired of all the "fantastic" offers in my inbox.
Yes, I'm guilty of opting in to various mailing lists and "newsletters" in order to receive a freebie. Subsequently I wind up with this jam packed inbox with so many offers, many of which are identical!! Especially when there is a big launch happening. Then, I get the same offer (almost) from many different people, each one offering his own bonuses. No surprise, by the way, when you see the prizes offered to the affiliates that bring in the most business. The most unique bonus I've seen so far is an electric scooter, delivered to any country in the world!

This week there were a few launches, one of which was the info blueprint program by Ken McCarthur. It actually LOOKS like a good program. He sounds very sincere in his sales copy and his bonuses alone are worth a fortune. The price, on the other hand is a bit steep. It's $1,497. Wow. Way out of my ballpark!

I have been fairly careful to stick with the very low priced items and the freebies. It's amazing how much information is available for free on the web!

Yesterday I joined a membership site all about PLR (Private Label Rebranding), which is the latest "rage" on the net. This site is run by Edmund Loh and Aurelius Tijn. The reason I joined is that I'm interested in learning all about PLR - what it is, what it's good for and how I can make money with it. I have so many PLR items gathering "dust" on my hard drive. Might as well find out what I can actually do with them.

If you are interested in a free membership you can join PLR Secrets Exposed.
You can listen to an interesting audio (or read it on a pdf file) which explains the whole concept. They also have a bunch of tutorial videos available (also for free).

The idea behind these membership sites is to get people to sign up for free and offer them value which will encourage them to upgrade their membership, thereby guaranteeing the site owner ongoing monthly income. This is the latest rage and you'll notice that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. You also get the chance to earn money, of course, because each membership site offers you the opportunity to become and affiliate and then when someone you refer upgrades their membership - you can earn commissions.

No comments: